- HENKEL, Alexis; ROSS, Joseph. The Effect of Acquisitions on Pharmaceutical Drug Prices. 2017.
- SILVA, Rafaela Cristina Pereira; CALIARI, Thiago. Indústria Farmacêutica no Brasil: Evolução Histórica, Capacitação Competitiva e Políticas Industriais. Revista Economia Ensaios, v. 31, n. 1, 2017.
- SANTOS SANTANA, Rafael; DE OLIVEIRA LUPATINI, Evandro; NAIR LEITE, Silvana. Registro e incorporação de tecnologias no SUS: barreiras de acesso a medicamentos para doenças da pobreza?. Revista Ciência & Saúde Coletiva, v. 22, n. 5, 2017.
- GREENE, Jeremy A.; PADULA, William V. Targeting Unconscionable Prescription-Drug Prices—Maryland’s Anti–Price-Gouging Law. New England Journal of Medicine, 2017.
- DÜRNEL, Maria. End of a blockbuster?–Preventing evergreening of pharmaceutical patents under EU competition law. 2017.
- CASTANHEIRA, Micael et al. The Unexpected Consequences of Asymmetric Competition. An Application to Big Pharma. 2017.
- CHAVES, Gabriela Costa et al. Estimating demand for anti-Chagas drugs: a contribution for access in Latin America. Revista Panamericana de Salud Pública, v. 41, 2017.
- FOSSETT, Sarah J. et al. Active Ingredients: Exploring the Key Factors Affecting the Rising Cost of Developing New Drugs. Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA), 2017.
- SANCHEZ, Chelsea K. Generic Drugs in the Pipeline: 2017 Update. US Pharm, v. 42, n. 6, p. 31-37, 2017.
Though the FDA approved a record-breaking number of ANDAs in 2016 and the median time for a brand drug to hold a patent is 12.5 years, drug manufacturers have found ways to extend the life of a patent.3,11 Manufacturers refer to this as product life-cycle management. This involves trying to prevent generic competition and maintain drug exclusivity. Brand-drug manufacturers can achieve this by obtaining additional patents on other aspects of a drug.
- NAM, Daniel J. Getting a Handle on Generic-Drug Prices. US Pharm, v. 42, p. 6, 2017.
Although the generic-drug market has experienced overall stable drug pricing since the enactment of the Hatch-Waxman Act, there have been an increasing number of spikes in generic-drug pricing. These spikes are usually the result of a lack or absence of market competition.
- BEIERLEIN, Jennifer M. et al. Landscape of Innovation for Cardiovascular Pharmaceuticals: From Basic Science to New Molecular Entities. Clinical Therapeutics, 2017.
- ZULFIQAR, Bilal; SHELPER, Todd B.; AVERY, Vicky M. Leishmaniasis drug discovery: recent progress and challenges in assay development. Drug Discovery Today, 2017.